Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fear Not...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Fear Not...
« on: August 13, 2010, 05:33:25 PM »
for I bring you good tidings of great joy....or something like that.

The cover of Sports Illustrated's College Football Preview features none other than.....

Bama.

JINX BITCHES!!!!  7-5  BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Fear Not...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 05:43:19 PM »
for I bring you good tidings of great joy....or something like that.

The cover of Sports Illustrated's College Football Preview features none other than.....

Bama.

JINX BITCHES!!!!  7-5  BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA......
Didn't we get the jinx like twice last season?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 07:58:20 PM »
Quiet YOU!!!!!  The Jinx is real....and it's gonna hit y'all harder than it's hit anyone before.  GO SPARTANS!!!!!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 08:01:24 PM »
Quiet YOU!!!!!  The Jinx is real....and it's gonna hit y'all harder than it's hit anyone before.  GO SPARTANS!!!!!

If it does I am holding you responsible. I hope you can handle the pressure.  :civic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 08:06:18 PM »
If it does I am holding you responsible. I hope you can handle the pressure.  :civic:
Don't sing it.....BRING IT!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 10:06:02 PM »
If he can't handle it, I can.

Jinx!!!Jinx!!!Jinx!!!Jinx!!!Jinx!!!Jinx!!!Jinx!!!Jinx!!!Jinx!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 10:23:34 AM »

Don't remember but I do remember you guys got the SI treatment in 07 then again in 08 (I think these years are correct). "Bama is Back!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 12:40:52 AM »
Next year it will be someone new that is back. Right now Alabama is easy to talk about give it a couple months someone new will be there. Also you heard it here first I am not afraid of Florida but scared to death of the UT game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

djsimp

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 10:24:21 AM »
Next year it will be someone new that is back. Right now Alabama is easy to talk about give it a couple months someone new will be there. Also you heard it here first I am not afraid of Florida but scared to death of the UT game.

Seriously, this is not the year to be afraid of the Vols. They have too many issues that will take probably this whole year to clean up. However, next year I think everyone will be settled in and Dooley will be a headache for several teams. I will say though, their like a wounded bird dog and have nothing to lose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 10:47:03 PM »
There is a trend in the SEC and if you play five games in conference in a row most teams do not go undefeated. Only two teams have won those five games. Florida in 1996 and Alabama last year. We have five games in a row this year Ark there, UF home, SoCar there, Ole Miss home and then UT there. I feel UF will be good but not near as good as last year. Arky is scary but I feel like our pass rush will be good enough to keep Mallett off his A game. USCe and Ole Miss do not seem like they are that good and then UT at their place. Third team in a row with a bye week before that play us. Fifth game in a row for us I could go on but I will spare you. Just seems like they will be ready for us and we will be tired.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 11:12:18 PM »
There is a trend in the SEC and if you play five games in conference in a row most teams do not go undefeated. Only two teams have won those five games. Florida in 1996 and Alabama last year. We have five games in a row this year Ark there, UF home, SoCar there, Ole Miss home and then UT there. I feel UF will be good but not near as good as last year. Arky is scary but I feel like our pass rush will be good enough to keep Mallett off his A game. USCe and Ole Miss do not seem like they are that good and then UT at their place. Third team in a row with a bye week before that play us. Fifth game in a row for us I could go on but I will spare you. Just seems like they will be ready for us and we will be tired.
Arkansas has a legit running game, they're not just going to throw the ball on every down.  I've circled Arkansas, Ole Miss, UT and Auburn as possible upsets.

Arkansas vs. SPuat - It'll be a shoot out, last team with the ball wins by a fieldgoal.

Ole Miss vs. SPuat - It's going to depend on how tough the USCe game was for the players, if y'all win but it was a slug fest, then the Ole Miss game could be the upset.  If y'all lose against USCe, Ole Miss will be licking their chops while the SPuat players will be licking their wounds and trying to dry their tears.

UT vs. SPuat - It's going to be at the end of a very tough run for SPuat, any key injuries (ie. QB, MLB, WR) then it could go in UT's favor.  If SPuat beats USCe with a tough ballgame, then loses to Arkansas....then UT will be licking their chops while the SPuat players will be licking their wounds and trying to dry their tears.  Plus, the bammer fanbase will be screaming about the opponent's bye week before their game against SPuat.

Auburn vs. SPuat - Georgia State will give y'all more of a fight than y'all are expecting, the toothless bammer defense will make Star Jackson look like Bo Jackson.  The the Iron Bowl game will be right around the corner as y'alls defense come drag assin' into the game against the quadruple motion of Coach Malzahn's offense.  The Defense won't know their asses from their elbows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 09:22:16 AM »
I'm not looking for much out of UT at all.  Their scholarship numbers are down like Auburn's were last year.  I heard a report this weekend that said on top of all the turmoil. defections after Kiffin left and some cleaning house with Dooley's arrival, they have one guy that's played a meaningful snap on the O-line.  QB is up in the air and Bryce Brown left the building. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 09:24:59 AM »
I'm not looking for much out of UT at all.  Their scholarship numbers are down like Auburn's were last year.  I heard a report this weekend that said on top of all the turmoil. defections after Kiffin left and some cleaning house with Dooley's arrival, they have one guy that's played a meaningful snap on the O-line.  QB is up in the air and Bryce Brown left the building.

I think UT is in much worse shape this year then we were last year. I don't see optimism in Knoxville. I don't see a TEAM. And then on paper, the talent is certainly down. I just don't think Dooley is righting the ship as precise as Gene did here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 09:52:38 AM »
I agree. I do think that Dooley will be great for UT, but his program is still bleeding profusely. The UT program was totally decimated by Kiffin and it will take Dooley atleast an extra year to get them to where Chizik had us after one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 09:54:47 AM »
While I agree with GH and dj about UT as a whole, I do think they will get one big upset this year at home.  I do not expect for it to be against bammer, but stranger things have happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 10:03:58 AM »
While I agree with GH and dj about UT as a whole, I do think they will get one big upset this year at home.  I do not expect for it to be against bammer, but stranger things have happened.

After looking at the schedule, I certainly think that if UT gets a big win I think it will come early in the season before their bye. That big win could come from UF at home, at LSU and at GA. I'm gonna say the big win comes at Georgia. Then they come off a bye week and get slaughtered by bama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 11:31:49 AM »
Arkansas has a legit running game, they're not just going to throw the ball on every down.  I've circled Arkansas, Ole Miss, UT and Auburn as possible upsets.

Arkansas vs. SPuat - It'll be a shoot out, last team with the ball wins by a fieldgoal.

Ole Miss vs. SPuat - It's going to depend on how tough the USCe game was for the players, if y'all win but it was a slug fest, then the Ole Miss game could be the upset.  If y'all lose against USCe, Ole Miss will be licking their chops while the SPuat players will be licking their wounds and trying to dry their tears.

UT vs. SPuat - It's going to be at the end of a very tough run for SPuat, any key injuries (ie. QB, MLB, WR) then it could go in UT's favor.  If SPuat beats USCe with a tough ballgame, then loses to Arkansas....then UT will be licking their chops while the SPuat players will be licking their wounds and trying to dry their tears.  Plus, the bammer fanbase will be screaming about the opponent's bye week before their game against SPuat.

Auburn vs. SPuat - Georgia State will give y'all more of a fight than y'all are expecting, the toothless bammer defense will make Star Jackson look like Bo Jackson.  The the Iron Bowl game will be right around the corner as y'alls defense come drag assin' into the game against the quadruple motion of Coach Malzahn's offense.  The Defense won't know their asses from their elbows.

I know prowler likes to stir poop up but I see truth to his post. Arky is scary because, as you mentioned, they have a running game. I feel that will be a strong point to our defense being able to stop the run. Our secondary is where Arky will make their living that day. If we get pressure we will be fine if not we are dead. Of course this true for any game but even more when playing Arky. But Ole Miss is Ole Miss. Will they run the type of offense they ran in Oregon to utilize the transfer QB? Will they play the same offense as last year? No McCluster no weapon. Someone will have to emerge before they worry me. I do not follow Ole Miss so they may have someone that I do not know about but right now nothing comes to mind. Ok now Ga. State..............That says enough. Allbarn is fight no matter. You can circle that game as an upset every year for either team. I think we both enter the IB 10-1 fighting for a spot in ATL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 11:34:44 AM »
After looking at the schedule, I certainly think that if UT gets a big win I think it will come early in the season before their bye. That big win could come from UF at home, at LSU and at GA. I'm gonna say the big win comes at Georgia. Then they come off a bye week and get slaughtered by bama.
I would be very surprised to see them get an upset in Athens after the way they punked the doggies last year in K-Ville.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 11:36:10 AM »
The last sentence in Huddle's post made me moist.  However, I'm not expecting any 10-1 at that point for AU.  Would give a left testy for it but expectations have to be more realistic until we prove we have a defense.  No D, no winnie in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 01:13:11 PM »
I would be very surprised to see them get an upset in Athens after the way they punked the doggies last year in K-Ville.

Well, I had forgotten all about that. In my mind, then, that leaves UF and LSU as the marquee upset. I just don't see them making that upset in the latter half of the season. I think they will be way to gassed. With that being said, I will go with an early upset to LSU in Baton Rouge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions