Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn Hooters

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Auburn Hooters
« on: March 03, 2008, 10:41:08 PM »
No, you pervs, it isn't what you think. 

I was wondering why the Hooters franchise didn't take in AU.  I ate there once when it first opened and they had imported a ton of corporate talent. 

Was in Auburn Friday and noted that it was no longer Hooting.  The orange roof had been painted red.  Didn't the idiot who took it over not even have the sense to paint it blue?  Red? What a maroon. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
Re: Auburn Hooters
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 10:49:36 PM »
Is it no longer open as a Hooters?  I always figured there were two franchise opportunities ripe for the picking in Auburn - Hooters and Krispy Kreme.  Seems like there was a problem with a manager at the Hooters down there getting busted for pressuring the waitstaff into "favors" a couple years back?  Maybe that was the problem.  I had heard that the sororities forbade their members from working there, but there still should have been plenty of talent to stock that place.  I stopped by there while in town with a couple of co-workers, and ended up apologizing to their yankee asses due to its poor caliber of Auburn women.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 10:57:49 PM »
Is it no longer open as a Hooters?  I always figured there were two franchise opportunities ripe for the picking in Auburn - Hooters and Krispy Kreme.  Seems like there was a problem with a manager at the Hooters down there getting busted for pressuring the waitstaff into "favors" a couple years back?  Maybe that was the problem.  I had heard that the sororities forbade their members from working there, but there still should have been plenty of talent to stock that place.  I stopped by there while in town with a couple of co-workers, and ended up apologizing to their yankee asses due to its poor caliber of Auburn women.

The Tuscaloosa Hooters is usually running really low on talent.   The few times I've been in there, none of the girls were locals.  I don't know where they bring them in from to work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 01:16:19 AM »
I heard a lot of the Auburn girls who were working along with the initial imported talent were pretty unhappy about the conditions once all the borrowed people left.  I hadn't heard about them closing or anything, but I'm not exactly surprised.  I guess the manager sucked or something and they just couldn't keep servers in there and working.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded."

chinook

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 01:25:33 AM »
my take on hooters in general terms.

15 years ago = fewer hooters franchises

fewer hooter franchises = better hooters, camel toe and smokin' hot asses. 

present day = a hooters franchise on every street corner

more hooter franchises = less quality girls

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 03:32:35 AM »
Krispy Kreme franchise in Auburn now that would be heaven, My brother in law and I have talked about opening one up!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Ogre

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 09:01:06 AM »
my take on hooters in general terms.

15 years ago = fewer hooters franchises

fewer hooter franchises = better hooters, camel toe and smokin' hot asses. 

present day = a hooters franchise on every street corner

more hooter franchises = less quality girls

I agree with this.  I remember when going to Hooters was something special - similar to a Hard Rock or Planet Hollywood.  You'd buy the Hooters shirt with the city's name underneath and everything.  The chicks were smokin hot and it was just a cool place to get some wings.  Nowadays, every time I go to Hooters (which isn't often anymore) my waitress either doesn't have the qualifications to sport the Hooters shirt she's wearing, or her hoots meets the qualification, but the rest of her body looks like 200 lbs of melted marshmellows stuffed into a 100 lb orange bag.  It's really depressing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 09:31:28 AM »
Closed?  Damn.  Every time I'd take a guy trip to the Plains for a game or practice or just passing through, Hooters was a must and we always had a good time there.  How on earth could a half decent Hooters not make it in a college town? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
  • On a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 09:51:29 AM »
I must be an anomaly:  I find Hooter's food to be average at best and would rather not be lumped in with the slack-jawed yokels that frequent that joint because they're too cheap to hit up the titty bar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 09:56:39 AM »
There are no titty bars in Auburn.....that I know of.  Yes, you are an anomoly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 10:34:10 AM »
There are no titty bars in Auburn.....that I know of.  Yes, you are an anomoly.
That was the third open franchise opportunity I could see in Auburn - but I figured the Krispy Kreme and Hooters were more practical.  (Besides, the tats-n-twats of Victory Drive are less than an hour away)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 10:43:41 AM »
That was the third open franchise opportunity I could see in Auburn - but I figured the Krispy Kreme and Hooters were more practical.  (Besides, the tats-n-twats of Victory Drive are less than an hour away)

There is a business that I always wanted to open in Auburn (or any college town for that matter):

A "Suds n' Cinema".  It's a second/third run movie (think $1 cinema) joint that sells beer, wings, pizza and sandwiches.  There aren't traditional movie seats, you watch from your table.  This joint exists in Ft. Walton Beach and was a mainstay of my late teenage years.  It's a really cheap and fun date.  During Monday night football, they would show the game.  You pick your team when you sit down and everytime they score, you get a free draft.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

Ogre

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 10:47:49 AM »
There is a business that I always wanted to open in Auburn (or any college town for that matter):

A "Suds n' Cinema".  It's a second/third run movie (think $1 cinema) joint that sells beer, wings, pizza and sandwiches.  There aren't traditional movie seats, you watch from your table.  This joint exists in Ft. Walton Beach and was a mainstay of my late teenage years.  It's a really cheap and fun date.  During Monday night football, they would show the game.  You pick your team when you sit down and everytime they score, you get a free draft.

I love it.  Let's get the ball rolling on this.  You do all the work and cut me a check for 51% every two weeks, and I'll give you the naming rights to call it Ogre's Suds n' Cinema.  Deal?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 11:07:05 AM »
I love it.  Let's get the ball rolling on this.  You do all the work and cut me a check for 51% every two weeks, and I'll give you the naming rights to call it Ogre's Suds n' Cinema.  Deal?

Man, that is a sweet deal.  Will you fuck my girlfriend, too?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 11:08:45 AM »

That's my job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Ogre

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 11:10:50 AM »

Send me some pictures and we'll talk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2008, 11:11:46 AM »
That's my job.

We're bringing in a union.  Your dues are late.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2008, 01:13:14 PM »

This is already a failed experiment in Auburn.

Hooters = Waffle House without the good food.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 03:23:18 PM »

Sounds like the old Shakey's Pizza here in the Ham many moons ago.  You could get pizza and beer while watching old Charlie Chaplain and Three Stooges movies at your table.  Worked well then, I don't see why it wouldn't work now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2008, 07:34:38 PM »
Used to be a place like that in Tuscaloosa.  Took a date there to see Fatal Attraction.  She turned out to be a bunny boiler, too.  Crazy skank.

That place went ass up years ago. 

For whatever reason people wouldn't act right.  Throwing food, fighting.  Just didn't work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions