Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Keymiya Harrell

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Keymiya Harrell
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 09:49:42 AM »
Does the kid that screwed out of his scholly temporarily get it back if Sims doesn't make the cut at one of the 10 to 15 postions?  I mean, it seemed to me that the other kid that got hosed was tracking well at a specific postion and doing very well.

Just askin'....
I don't think one thing was exclusive of another. Like I said before, a walk-on was seeing PT at Safety before Rod Woodson in the A-Day game, and was working ahead of Woodson in Spring camp. What does that tell you? It doesn't tell me that Woodson was "tracking well" or "doing very well".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 01:34:56 PM »
I don't think one thing was exclusive of another. Like I said before, a walk-on was seeing PT at Safety before Rod Woodson in the A-Day game, and was working ahead of Woodson in Spring camp. What does that tell you? It doesn't tell me that Woodson was "tracking well" or "doing very well".

What about this kid:
Harrison Jones was ready for his first year of college football.

The tight end from Memphis, the younger brother of Alabama starting guard Barrett Jones, signed with the Crimson Tide the first week of February. He arrived at Alabama and moved into the dorm the last week of May.

He earned three A's in the classroom this summer. He also excelled in the summer conditioning program. Freshmen can earn up to three awards in the program, for things such as running a timed series of 110-yard gassers, and Jones earned all three.

Having muscled up to 250 pounds on his 6-foot-4 frame, Jones was ready to hit the field for the start of fall camp.

Instead, he got blindsided.

Because another 2010 signee, Blake Sims, received his academic clearance from the NCAA at the last minute, the Alabama roster was in danger of exceeding the limit of incoming signees.

So Jones was asked to delay his enrollment until January. He had to move out of the dorm, and he won't be on an athletic scholarship until next semester. He can't practice with the team, work out with the team or travel with the team.

Instead, he'll be a part-time student this semester, taking nine hours, and he'll live in the condo his parents had leased for his older brother to call home and for the family to share on football weekends.

Sounds like bullshit to me.   Thank goodness it sounds like his parents had the means to be able to afford a seperate condo.

Saban's not the only coach getting beat on right now for this, so you don't HAVE to do the defend Saban routine if you don't want to.  The practice is bullshit, and if Auburn was doing the same thing right now, I'd say the same thing.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 01:35:34 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 02:10:36 PM »
What about this kid:
Sounds like bullshit to me.   Thank goodness it sounds like his parents had the means to be able to afford a seperate condo.

Saban's not the only coach getting beat on right now for this, so you don't HAVE to do the defend Saban routine if you don't want to.  The practice is bullshit, and if Auburn was doing the same thing right now, I'd say the same thing.

This...all of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 02:43:25 PM »
What about this kid:

I like how you conveniently left out the next part of the story....

"It's disappointing when you don't really expect it, but we understand it," said Leslie Jones, the mother of Harrison and Barrett. "We have no hard feelings. We're very grateful for the opportunities our sons have.

"College football is a business, and you have to treat it as a business."

Oh, and this part:
Alabama informed Harrison Jones before he signed that a grayshirt was a possibility

What about this part?
We don't feel like we were treated unfairly at all, and they explained everything.

It's good to see that you are standing up for these kids, though. I mean, obviously they aren't smart enough to be mad about it, and neither are their parents. Especially with being told about it up front. The underhandedness of it all.

Good for you, Chop!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 02:46:07 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 06:13:30 PM »
How's Kendall Kelly, you know the WR, like playing DB? 
He's being held out of practice due to heat related issues. But, I'm sure that's Saban's fault too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 10:20:58 PM »
Wow...."College Football is a business"....seems like a wonderful atmosphere.  BTW, College Football is not a "business" to the "Student-Athletes", maybe at SPuat, since they get paid like they're working.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 10:42:31 PM »
He's being held out of practice due to heat related issues. But, I'm sure that's Saban's fault too.
He DOES have control of the thermostat in hell, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 11:45:28 PM »
He DOES have control of the thermostat in hell, right?

Only if one is not counterfeit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010, 04:07:32 PM »
I like how you conveniently left out the next part of the story....

Oh, and this part:
What about this part?
It's good to see that you are standing up for these kids, though. I mean, obviously they aren't smart enough to be mad about it, and neither are their parents. Especially with being told about it up front. The underhandedness of it all.

Good for you, Chop!

Hey Captain Smartypants....  I said the practice was bullshit.   Whether he was informed or not, that far into the summer while performing well, and being allowed to move into the dorm only to have it jerked last second, no, after the fact, away was bullshit.   I commend Mrs. Harris for her fine attitude, but it's STILL horseshit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2010, 04:32:05 PM »
Hey Captain Smartypants....  I said the practice was bullshit.   Whether he was informed or not, that far into the summer while performing well, and being allowed to move into the dorm only to have it jerked last second, no, after the fact, away was bullshit.   I commend Mrs. Harris for her fine attitude, but it's STILL horseshit.
And I told you, good for you for caring about these kids' wellbeing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2010, 09:02:23 PM »
And I told you, good for you for caring about these kids' wellbeing.

....and thanks for endlessly defending shit you really don't give a shit about.   Makes so much sense.   :bc:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2010, 10:03:40 PM »
....and thanks for endlessly defending shit you really don't give a shit about.   Makes so much sense.   :bc:
You're welcome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions