Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I HATE THE FUCKING YANKEES

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
I HATE THE FUCKING YANKEES
« on: July 30, 2010, 09:01:08 PM »
MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!  SONUFABITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!  GOLDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Houston Astros first baseman Lance Berkman has waived his no-trade clause and a deal is in place to move him to the New York Yankees, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney on Friday.

The Berkman deal was likely to be completed before Saturday's trade deadline, sources said. The Astros will pick up $4 million of the $7 million owed to Berkman this year and in his 2011 option, and the Yankees will not send back any prospects of note, the sources said.

Earlier Friday, Berkman vetoed a trade to the White Sox, USA Today reported.

When asked by ESPNChicago.com to comment on the report, Chicago general manager Kenny Williams said via e-mail: "I won't deny the truth. It is what it is."

The Fox affiliate in Houston and Yahoo! also reported that Berkman was on the verge of being traded to New York.

Although sources said that Berkman had waived his no-trade clause, the deal can't become official until 24 hours after he is approached with the trade, per baseball rules. And Berkman would not confirm that he had agreed to waive the clause.

"Nothing's been completed," said Berkman, who was not in the lineup for the Astros game against the Brewers in Houston.

"I'm from Texas. Heck, I played at Rice. This city is like the womb. I feel very comfortable here. To think about the possibility of going anywhere else is kind of scary," Berkman said.

The Yankees turned their attention to Berkman after their pursuit of Adam Dunn stalled.

"My ideal situation is to win a title here. If this organization feels those aims are better accomplished by trying to strip down this roster and reload with younger guys, I don't want to stand in the way of that," Berkman added. "If they approached me with something that made sense, I'd sure think about it."

At this stage of his career, Berkman is not at the same level as Dunn as a player. Berkman, 34, entered Friday with 13 homers, 49 RBIs and a .245 batting average.

Berkman said Astros general manager Ed Wade discussed the possibility of a trade with him.

"He approached me two days ago with a list of probably eight teams that had expressed some interest. There were four yeas and four nays. There were some that were just no possibility," Berkman said.

"In one way, it's good if there are teams that still want me to play for them. That makes me feel pretty good, particular in a down season," Berkman said. "I still have confidence that I could play at a high level. It's a good feeling to hear these trade rumors. Obviously, these scouts from other teams feel that same way or else I wouldn't be in the conversation."

Adding Berkman would be a further indication that the Yankees don't think Nick Johnson will return to top form from his wrist injury. Berkman would be a DH and pinch hitter for the Yankees.

The five-time All-Star is making $14.5 million this season. He has a team option for $15 million for next year with a $2 million buyout.

"You don't always get to pick how you leave an organization," Berkman said. "If and when it comes time to move on, I'll do it with as much grace as I can muster."

Information from ESPNNewYork.com's Andrew Marchand and The Associated Press was used in this report.

:suicide:

There goes my last reason for pulling for the Astros.

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  FUCK THE ASTROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:03:20 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: I HATE THE phukING YANKEES
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 11:58:18 PM »
GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have I told you lately that I think you are, without a doubt, the most intelligent person on the X?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
Re: I HATE THE FUCKING YANKEES
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 12:04:13 AM »
Berkman will get annihilated by American League pitching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 12:52:19 AM »
Berkman will get annihilated by American League pitching.
He wasn't even in the lineup tonight... one of his last at bats was that grand slam.  But it came against the Cubbies... the Red Sox are gonna fuck him up. 

I don't hate Berkman for leaving. Who can blame him?  Local boy, played at Rice, loves Houston, has already hinted that he would like to end his career in Houston... but this team sucks and has little to no chance of improvement in my lifetime.

Rebuilding my ass.  It just now - JUST FUCKING NOW - crossed Uncle Drayton's mind that his team full of fat asses and geezers sucked???  And that our farm teams would get their collective asses kicked by three blind mules and a midget?  And that we had SHIT in the stable for prospects?  But by golly he will fuck the fans on watered down beer and soft drinks - why in the HELL does he think we will pay that kind of scratch to watch shittastic baseball?

Unbelievable.  Unbe-fucking-lievable.

I may bash my teams because I love them and am deeply disappointed in shitty performances.  But you suffer through and you are rewarded for your loyalty.  But this time... this time is different.  I am so pissed off and frustrated and angry.  Uncle Drayton will not see one more dime of my money.

Somebody get me a Pujols jersey...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »

Somebody get me a Pujols jockstrap...

cardinal red  or plain white?

you know george is making deals wit da debil.  
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 11:12:04 AM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 11:11:23 AM »
Now THIS is Karma!!  :rofl:  At the time this happened, Berkman was 2 for 22 in pinstripes.

New Yankee Berkman hits A-Rod during BP
August 7, 2010 2:32 PM | No Comments
Tribune News Services

NEW YORK -- Yankees star Alex Rodriguez was hit in the leg by Lance Berkman's sharp grounder during batting practice Saturday and was removed from the starting lineup against Boston.
Rodriguez had a bruise on his lower left leg near the base of his shin, the Yankees said.

The All-Star third baseman was scheduled to undergo X-rays. There was no immediate word on the extent of his injury.

"I'm not a doctor," Berkman said, but "usually it's not a lingering issue."

Rodriguez, who hit career homer No. 600 on Wednesday, was fielding balls near third base when he was struck more than two hours before the start of the game.

Rodriguez walked toward a protective screen in short center field, then was down on the ground for a couple of minutes while medical personnel attended to him.

He was able to walk off the field under his own power and taken for treatment. He was not available for comment before New York played the Red Sox.

"It doesn't make you feel good when you see a teammate writhing around on the ground" because of a ball off your bat, the recently acquired Berkman said.

Berkman said his initial thought was: "Oh my gosh, it hit him." Next, Berkman's reaction was: "I hope it's not broken."

Said Yankees captain Derek Jeter: "He'll be all right."

The team said its club doctor was en route to Yankee Stadium, as per usual, when the accident occurred and would examine Rodriguez. In the meantime, Rodriguez's leg was elevated and being iced.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions