Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So the Chevy Volt will cost an arm and a leg.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
So the Chevy Volt will cost an arm and a leg.
« on: July 27, 2010, 03:19:18 PM »
But we should be compelled to buy it because it is good for the religion environment?

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1483/gm-to-sell-volt-for-41k-lease-for-350-a-month/

This is absolutely ridiculous. The lefties/greenies/dimoncrats want us to worship the environment at all costs. But why should I pay so much money for a car that will probably never save me enough in gasoline to even cover the extra cost? People say they want alternative forms of transportation, but car companies and the greenies think we'll pay an idiotic amount for the privilege of driving one? I think not. This too will be another GM flop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: So the Chevy Volt will cost an arm and a leg.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 03:32:28 PM »
I posed this question to a couple of Obama nuthuggers at that other place.....if you mandate that the population have to buy a car (such as the volt or some other technology) how are those who are not able to afford the cost of a new car going to buy one?   We knew that once the volt came out that the cost would be twice as much as any Toyota, Honda or Nissan that are plenty fuel efficient.   No one could answer and I was called everything form a environment hater to a capitalist pig. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 03:39:43 PM »
I posed this question to a couple of Obama nuthuggers at that other place.....if you mandate that the population have to buy a car (such as the volt or some other technology) how are those who are not able to afford the cost of a new car going to buy one?   We knew that once the volt came out that the cost would be twice as much as any Toyota, Honda or Nissan that are plenty fuel efficient.   No one could answer and I was called everything form a environment hater to a capitalist pig. 

Yeah - I'd like to see a Prius or a Volt run my business. Or better yet, mandate suppliers to use green vehicles - when that happens, watch the price of everything sky rocket (fruits, vegetable, dry goods, etc). Bulk items dont get from farm/field, warehouse, ship to the storefront by use of prius.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 07:38:20 PM »
Its bullshit to me. Like said, a Nissan, Toyota or Honda does just fine. What about these other cars:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 09:11:51 PM »

The day someone tries to tell me what type of vehicle I can drive is the day I put that bitch back on the road.  I'm not sure what's under the hood, but I'm certain it takes a shit ton of fuel.  And I'm cutting the muffler back to the manifold.  
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 09:12:44 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 09:11:46 AM »
Its bullpoop to me. Like said, a Nissan, Toyota or Honda does just fine. What about these other cars:

I guess my point was, not everything can be accomplished with a go cart sized car- the world just cant operate that way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 09:46:03 AM »
I guess my point was, not everything can be accomplished with a go cart sized car- the world just cant operate that way.

Once we are all moved back to our mud huts it won't matter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 10:01:03 AM »

This is part of my argument too. 

#1.  Not everyone (including me) can afford to drop $40K on a new fuel efficient car, if the gov't were to mandate it.  Then we get to the poor, you know as well as I do where the money is going to come from and that is where I was trying to make a point with others.  The money will come from you and me, the taxpayer.  So not only can I not afford it, I will be forced to buy one and help others buy theirs.  Look, I understand the need to use less foreign oil and I agree.  I also agree that we need energy reform (reform, not overhaul) and that it will take a comprehensive plan (wind, solar, Nuclear, petroleum, natural gas), but I also understand that whilst we are searching and developing alternatives, that we will still have to run at status quo.  Which leads me to ask since we are more than likely 10 to 20 years away from making the alternatives that we can find and develop affordable, why not drill and explore?

#2.  What GH just said.  How can we expect the workforce to run on go cart sized cars?  I don't see a smart car pulling a cattle trailer loaded with cattle to the sell barn.  I don't see one hauling more smart cars to the dealerships.....etc...etc....etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan