Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Cheeseburger" finally passes Grueling conditioning test.....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Cheeseburger', aka Cody, passes test
Associated Press

WESTMINSTER, Md. -- A day late and quite short of breath, rookie defensive tackle Terrence Cody passed his conditioning test Wednesday and formally launched his NFL career with the Baltimore Ravens.

Cody, a 350+pounder out of Alabama, twice failed the test Tuesday. The drill consists of running 25 yards, doubling back, resting for 70 seconds and repeating it twice.

"It's down and back, down and back, down and back. It's not complicated [but] it's a tough test," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "You've got to go out there and compete."

Cody conquered the drill on Wednesday morning at 7 a.m. and was removed from the Physically Unable to Perform list before participating in his first NFL training camp practice.

Along the way, the second-round pick (57th overall) picked up a nickname that will probably stick for a long time.

Veteran defensive tackle Haloti Ngata, in addition to dispensing valuable advice, began calling the rookie "Cheeseburger."

Cody laughed about it. He probably would have been OK with being called a lot worse, such was his relief to get on the field after watching his teammates work on Tuesday.

"Yesterday, as I was sitting to the side watching them practice, I felt bad. I felt like I was letting them down," Cody said. "Now that I'm back out there, it feels good."

After failing the test on Tuesday morning and again in the afternoon, Cody received encouragement from his new teammates and a frantic phone call from home.

"I had my family call me and ask me what was going on. I had to tell them," he said. "I slept on it and got up this morning with a head full of steam and passed it. It was a relief."

And so began the NFL career of a two-time All-SEC star who helped the Crimson Tide win the 2010 national championship.

"We weren't too hard on him," veteran linebacker Jarret Johnson said. "That's a tough task, especially for those big guys. Guys who are 350 or so, to run that test is pretty impressive."

There won't be many times in his career when Cody is asked to run hard for 50 yards, but the Ravens want to make sure their players are fit enough to withstand two practices a day under the summer sun.

"Someone asked me [Tuesday] if I was surprised -- not about Cody -- but about guys failing conditioning tests," Harbaugh said with a wry smile. "I would have to admit I was surprised this morning when they told me he passed the conditioning test. But we have it on tape and will verify the results of that test. Obviously it shows that he was in shape."

Not exactly ideal shape, but good enough to get on the practice field. And at this point in the summer, that's all that really matters.

"He's got to lose a little weight, and that will happen in training camp," Harbaugh said. "But the fact that he's in shape is important. That's the bottom line. It shows that he's done the work. The fact that he knows how to run the test, and to really push through it and get it done is a credit to him."

Cody is expected to provide help to Ngata and Kelly Gregg in stopping the run. But Harbaugh believes the rookie might also turn out to be an effective pass rusher.

"We didn't label him as just this and just that. We basically think this guy can play football for us," Harbaugh said. "So whatever he grows into, if he can push the pocket on third down for us, that would be great. I see no reason why he can't do that for us. That's what training camp is all about. That's why you put the pads on."

The Ravens didn't put on their pads during the first two days of camp. That will occur Friday morning, during the first full-squad practice.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5417168

"Cheeseburger".... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 windsprints (up and back) to the 25 yardline, with a 70 second rest inbetween each set.....and he couldn't pull that off?  Holy Crap.  Looks like Cody will play for about 6 snaps a game.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 06:49:17 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: "Cheeseburger" finally passes Grueling conditioning test.....
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 06:50:32 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5417168

"Cheeseburger".... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 windsprints (up and back) to the 25 yardline, with a 70 second rest inbetween each set.....and he couldn't pull that off?  Holy Crap.  Looks like Cody will play for about 6 1 snaps a game.

Fixed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 07:04:24 PM »
Coach Harbaugh: "AIGHT GUYS!!!! Goaline Pa.....I mean, "Cheeseburger" Package!!!!  C'MON CHEESEBURGER!!!! GET YOUR FAT TUB OF SHIT ASS OFF THE DAMN SIDELINE AND STOP THESE GUYS!!!!"

Cheeseburger: "I'm tryin' Coach...."

Ref: "Offsides on the Defense, the ball will be placed half the distance to the goal, repeat first down"

Commentator: "Well, the Ravens had to use their last two timeouts just to get "Cheeseburger" into the game...."
(covering the mic) "Good lord what a fuckin' waste.  Other commentator, yeah he is a fat mother fucker."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 10:09:14 PM »
Is that a rib roll or his long tits?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 10:27:06 PM »
The American Dairy Association should sign him to a sponsorship deal.

"Got Milk?" would have no greater spokesman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 10:41:21 PM »
Is that a rib roll or his long tits?
Those would be his titties.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 11:02:10 PM »
Those would be his titties.

The titty on the left is what blocked the Tennessee FG.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 11:41:57 PM »
The titty on the left is what blocked the Tennessee FG.
:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

JR4AU

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 12:53:32 PM »
Laugh at Cody...hell I do.  Fact is many of the big guys struggle with these tests in the NFL, while the skill players take the same tests and can practically walk through them.  Anyway, at what they're paying Cody he's a steal.  Basically a $1 Million a year to play about 30-35 snaps a game and be a fire plug in the middle.  It's a job he can handle.  If they'd pay me a million a year, I'd grow a set of tits.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 12:56:59 PM »
Laugh at Cody...hell I do.  Fact is many of the big guys struggle with these tests in the NFL, while the skill players take the same tests and can practically walk through them.  Anyway, at what they're paying Cody he's a steal.  Basically a $1 Million a year to play about 30-35 snaps a game and be a fire plug in the middle.  It's a job he can handle.  If they'd pay me a million a year, I'd grow a set of tits.   

It was actually shocking to me that Ed Reed failed that test also.  Dude has been a top DB for a while in Baltimore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions