Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The baseball gods smile briefly upon the Braves...

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
The baseball gods smile briefly upon the Braves...
« on: March 03, 2008, 05:01:35 PM »
For those of you who know the Braves' pitching plights and woes, this is welcome news:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/braves/stories/2008/03/02/bravesnot_0303.html

It's a gul darn miracle that his body didn't come apart during this start.  If he can stay healty, our pitching rotation should be one of the best in the league.  Developing Soriano as strong closer will be the cherry on top.  The next major if is to have that Hooters' luvin' third baseman stay healthy (currently resting a "tweaked" hamstring-Chipper knows now to not balk at any pain in his body).  73% of Braves fans polled believe the success of our season rests on his health.  Pair that with a lineup with Francouer, Teixeiria, McCann (with Javy Lopez as the backup catcher! - a major improvement over that Corky dude) and others, and I believe we'll make a valid run at a championship...and potentially win it this time.

Although this all feels somewhat familiar.........
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

Re: The baseball gods smile briefly upon the Braves...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 05:12:10 PM »
For those of you who know the Braves' pitching plights and woes, this is welcome news:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/braves/stories/2008/03/02/bravesnot_0303.html

It's a gul darn miracle that his body didn't come apart during this start.  If he can stay healty, our pitching rotation should be one of the best in the league.  Developing Soriano as strong closer will be the cherry on top.  The next major if is to have that Hooters' luvin' third baseman stay healthy (currently resting a "tweaked" hamstring-Chipper knows now to not balk at any pain in his body).  73% of Braves fans polled believe the success of our season rests on his health.  Pair that with a lineup with Francouer, Teixeiria, McCann (with Javy Lopez as the backup catcher! - a major improvement over that Corky dude) and others, and I believe we'll make a valid run at a championship...and potentially win it this time.

Although this all feels somewhat familiar.........

Careful - you're starting to sound like a Bammer fan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 05:46:55 PM »
Careful - you're starting to sound like a Bammer fan.

If that was the case I would've focused eternally on the ONE fucking championship that's been won by them during my lifetime.  Or I could've ranted and raved about the character and coaching ability of Bobby Cox, who by sheer stats and measurement of character alone deserves more accolades than Saban's ever received.  Or I could've thrown in there the fact that I like to rape goats after getting sauced on Boone's Farm.

But I digress.  'Tis the nature of a Braves fan, though, to be excited about an upcoming season, only to be let down by post season disappointment.  I hope for a change as I see potential.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 06:37:45 PM »
I am counting down the days until April 4th, when I will be sitting in Turner Field eagerly awaiting the first pitch of the home opener.

I hope Huddy gets the call on opening night in Washington, just so I can see Smoltz pitch Friday. If not, no big deal, I'll still be able to cheer on an Auburn man.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 07:20:17 PM by Aubie16 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Thrilla

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 07:00:05 PM »
I will be there as well.  I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll work the lineup so that Glavine pitches the home opener, which would be bad ass.  Then again, so would seeing Smoltz or Huddy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 07:31:40 PM »
I am counting down the days until April 4th, when I will be sitting in Turner Field eagerly awaiting the first pitch of the home opener.

I hope Huddy gets the call on opening night in Washington, just so I can see Smoltz pitch Friday. If not, no big deal, I'll still be able to cheer on an Auburn man.

Pardon my brief moment of stupidity. I blocked out the Pirates series for some reason. I won't be there for the home opener. Oh well.

Thrilla, what is your guess on how they'll do the rotation the first week? The mets game on the 4th is the 5th game of the season. But there is a day off in there. Will they go back to the top of the order after 5 days or will they give the starters an extra days rest since its the beginning of the season? Looks like I'll be seeing either the 5th guy or the 1st.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 09:51:48 PM »
The braves suck...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 01:36:58 AM »
The braves suck...

speaking of suck.....

how are the cubbies faring for the upcoming season?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 09:11:43 AM »
speaking of suck.....

World Series baby!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 01:30:47 PM »
speaking of suck.....

Solid starting pitching, solid pen, solid bats, good off season move with Fukudome, I am flipping PUMPED...the bad thing is, I am every year at this time at it never goes anywhere...

However, anything less than the division this year will be a BIG TIME dissappointment for the Cubs. The central is weak again this year so 85 wins probably wins the division. I think the Cubs will have 90+ wins though this year, especially if Hill and Lily pitch like they did last year. I am looking for at the very least playing in the NLCS with hopes of playing in the World Series!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 03:42:27 PM »
Solid starting pitching, solid pen, solid bats, good off season move with Fukudome, I am flipping PUMPED...the bad thing is, I am every year at this time at it never goes anywhere...

However, anything less than the division this year will be a BIG TIME dissappointment for the Cubs. The central is weak again this year so 85 wins probably wins the division. I think the Cubs will have 90+ wins though this year, especially if Hill and Lily pitch like they did last year. I am looking for at the very least playing in the NLCS with hopes of playing in the World Series!!!

:rofl: 

Typical delusional Cubbies fans!  If there's one franchise that disappoints more than the Braves, then this would be the one I pick.  Should make for some interesting conversation as the summer progresses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 03:45:15 PM »
Ahhhhh.  Early Spring has officially arrived. 

Fans of the Cubs still think they have a chance.  More predictable than the arrival of Capistrano swallows and only slightly less predictable than the eternal hope of bama fucktards.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 04:03:12 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Thrilla

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 03:49:47 PM »
Pardon my brief moment of stupidity. I blocked out the Pirates series for some reason. I won't be there for the home opener. Oh well.

Thrilla, what is your guess on how they'll do the rotation the first week? The mets game on the 4th is the 5th game of the season. But there is a day off in there. Will they go back to the top of the order after 5 days or will they give the starters an extra days rest since its the beginning of the season? Looks like I'll be seeing either the 5th guy or the 1st.

I just finalized my tickets for the home opener.  $30 seats per ticket.  Not the best seats, but they were all that's left.  And the beer will still be cold.

It's hard to say who will go during the Mets series.  They have spring training games starting on the 19th and they will be playing straight through until the day after opening day!  This will be grueling and I don't quite understand the logic of it.  However, if my prediction comes true (Glavine pitching the Home Opener), then I would assume that Smoltz would pitch opening day, then Glavine, then Huddy on the 2nd, then Chuck James on the 3rd.  This would leave Hampton (god-willing) for the opener against the Mets, then Smoltz and Glavine to finish it off.  At least that's how I would do it, but it's really a crapshoot as to what will really happen with all those spring training games beforehand.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 04:00:30 PM »
What's worse, getting to the post season 15 straight years with only one championship, or not getting there at all?

Hey, when I lived in Birmingham, I liked when the Cubs and the Braves met in the post season and I could head over and watch. There was always GREAT tickets to the game and it was like a Home game for the Cubs because BRAVES FANS SUCK ASS!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 04:04:16 PM »
FIGHT!!  FIGHT!!  FIGHT!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 04:05:18 PM »
FIGHT!!  FIGHT!!  FIGHT!!

nobody wants to see that pillow fight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2008, 04:14:35 PM »
nobody wants to see that pillow fight.

I put rocks in my pillow case... :box:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2008, 04:46:05 PM »
Come on Thrilla, kick his ass, and show him that Braves fans are not to be messed with.  Fucking Cubs fan, that's almost as bad as being a Yankme fan.  :hulk:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 05:51:42 PM »
Yep...you fuckers made me bring out the Cubbie avatar...suck it bitches!!!

And Cubs fans are NOTHING like Yankees fans. Cubs fans love going to the park EVERY DAY, win or lose, and watching baseball and cheering for the Cubs. The Cubs fans and the orginization as a whole is the antithesis of the Yankees.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2008, 07:19:29 PM »
What's worse, getting to the post season 15 straight years with only one championship, or not getting there at all?

Hey, when I lived in Birmingham, I liked when the Cubs and the Braves met in the post season and I could head over and watch. There was always GREAT tickets to the game and it was like a Home game for the Cubs because BRAVES FANS SUCK ASS!!!

There isn't much I can say to this...I've been to many Cubs/Braves games and it does appear as if it's a home game for the Cubs.  They cheer louder and Atlanta fans in general are fair-weather, which disappointments me greatly.  But I've been on board since the 80's, so all those fair-weather fucks can blow me. 

But shit, man, the stats speak for themselves.  The Cubs haven't been to the World Series in 63 years.  They haven't won the World Series in 100 years.  ONE FUCKING CENTURY.  You would think an organization with any "talent" would get their shit together enough to put something together in 100 years.

The Braves have been the WS a total of 9 times (this includes the franchise history)...and while they've only won once, at least they have the talent to get there.   There's just no comparison.

For Cubs fans, hope will always spring eternal!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions