Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Commitment #11 for Da Tigahs.......

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Commitment #11 for Da Tigahs.......
« on: July 22, 2010, 05:42:19 PM »
Devin Gaulden DB 5'10" 177lbs. 4.56 University School of Nova Scout, Fla. (3 Grillz)

*Note...I have yet to see any tape on Devin since he only played in 5 football games last year (his first year of football)

Offers:
Auburn (Committed 07/22/10)
Wisconsin
Wake Forest
Duke
Northern Illinois
Buffalo
Marshall
New Mexico
Western Michigan
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Commitment #11 for Da Tigahs.......
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 09:20:45 PM »
Here's a good write up about him, these guys were the first to report Devin committing to Auburn.

Until last season,  Gaulden’s sport of choice was basketball.   His array of skills and talent helped him excel at the guard position.  Apparently hours of crouching down in front of rim attacking opponents honed Gaulden’s cornerback skills.  He appeared at University School in 2009 just as green as the grass below his feet.  However,  his God given talent,  good coaching and a will to compete helped Gaulden speed up his learning curve and transform himself into a D-I worthy prospect.

Due to injury,  Gaulden only appeared in five games for the University School Suns (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) in 2009.  He displayed his great potential in those contests but did not lay down enough body of work to send a rush of colleges to his doorstep.

“At this point,  schools have not been in contact with me,”  Gaulden explains, “but I don’t let that it get to me.  I just use it as motivation because I’m definitely one of the best DB’s in South Florida.”

Nowhere was Gaulden’s potential more apparent than when he appeared at the Shuman’s National Underclassman Combine in Orlando earlier this month.   It’s one of the top events for potential college prospects that takes place across the country.  Gaulden put his money where his mouth is by putting up a 4.50 in the forty, 4.2 in the shuttle and the handcuffs on all of the receivers he went up against in one on one drills.

“My press coverage technique is a huge strength of mine,” said Gaulden.  “I am very physical at the line and I also have good feet to move with receivers.”

Gaulden’s performance was strong enough for him to walk away from the event as the Defensive Back MVP and an invite to the Top 100 in Atlanta this summer.  The Top 100 takes the best of the best from the various combines across the country and brings them to one location to compete alongside and against each other.

It’s only a matter of time before the colleges come knocking on Gaulden’s door looking to secure his services.   It’s a moment he has prepared for but he’s more focused on advancing University School’s team goals for 2010.

“My primary goals are helping my team in any way I can because last year was a disappointing season,” said Gaulden. “My individual goals are playing in all games this year and simply dominating opposing wideouts but my team goals come first.”

http://www.gridironstuds.com/blog/university-school-cornerback-devin-gaulden-ready-to-set-up-an-island-of-his-own/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Birmingham

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 11:33:32 PM »
< :rofl:>since he only played in 5 football games last year (his first year of football)</ :rofl:>
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 06:27:51 AM »
< :rofl:>since he only played in 5 football games last year (his first year of football)</ :rofl:>
Yeah?  He got hurt last year, his first year to play football...he was a Point Guard on his Basketball team.  Kid is gonna blow up on the scene, just like Jalen Denson is gonna do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 10:33:18 AM »
Yeah?  He got hurt last year, his first year to play football...he was a Point Guard on his Basketball team.  Kid is gonna blow up on the scene, just like Jalen Denson is gonna do.

Fuck that peice of shit rectalham. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions