jmar

Frazier Chooses AU / + new updates
« on: May 29, 2010, 08:21:26 PM »
SN100's No. 2 QB Frazier now off the board--to Auburn
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Posted By Brian McLaughlin 6:24 PM
By Brian McLaughlin
Sporting News

Apparently the Big Cat Weekend worked its magic on Kiehl Frazier today, as the talented quarterback gave his pledge to Auburn, he confirmed with Sporting News Saturday evening.

Frazier is the No. 2-rated quarterback in the nation in the Sporting News Top 100. He is listed behind only Christian LeMay, who intends to play quarterback at Georgia.

"After a lot of thought and consideration, (Auburn) is a place I would want to be even if I couldn't play football," Frazier told Sporting News via text message. "I just feel very comfortable here."

Frazier plays for Shiloh Christian in Springdale, Ark.--and recently had trimmed a lengthy list of suitors down to just the Tigers and in-state Arkansas. But Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn's connections to Springdale and Shiloh Christian helped the Tigers out considerably.

"(Offensive coordinator) coach (Gus) Malzahn used to coach at Shiloh Christian and everybody knows him around here," Frazier (6-3/215) told Sporting News recently. "We run the same offense as Auburn, so I'm really familiar with it. I'd fit into that system real well. He's really the one who brought the spread in."

Notre Dame and Miami were just two of the many other schools vying for Frazier's commitment. Clemson, Florida, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska and UCLA were just some of the other schools that offered.

As a junior, Frazier passed for 3,817 yards and 48 touchdowns with only 14 interceptions. He also rushed for 764 yards and 14 touchdowns.

Throughout the recruiting craziness, Frazier insists he has stayed humble, he said.

"My mom doesn't think I'm a big deal," Frazier told Sporting News. "She still makes me do the dishes."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:43:06 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

Re: Frazier Chooses AU / + new updates
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 12:40:26 PM »
Auburn Football 2010: An Update With Impact In Mind
 by Kevin McGrady Written on May 29, 2010  
Doug Pensinger/Getty Images It is time for some updates from the plains. There are some things happening that will have an effect on Auburn football. Some are wondering about Big Cat Weekend; it is under way and looks to be fully as effective as it was in 2009.

Big Cat Weekend is an exceptional recruiting tool and this is the best analysis and guest list I have found.   Information for this year’s event has been more guarded. This was made necessary after some negative happenings in 2009.

The biggest obstacle for a freshman to succeed anywhere in the SEC is strength and conditioning. Most high school seniors have no idea of the level of conditioning required to compete without injury. Freshman injuries are very common and have limited the impact many Auburn freshmen could have had.

There is a definite effort under way to raise the level of conditioning for incoming freshmen. It is something they can do that will give them insurance against injury and possibly allow them to get on the playing field earlier.

Auburn players are very familiar with the benefits of Coach Yoxall’s yoxercise program. What most Auburn fans do not realize is its simplicity. This is a program that can be implemented by recruits long before they arrive on campus. It uses equipment available at most local gyms and even high school weight rooms.

There are two ways a recruit can get ahead in the strength and conditioning required to play SEC football. One is to simply graduate and sign up early. This allows a recruit to join the team for conditioning as well as spring practice and is a definite benefit.

Linebacker Jessel Curry and defensive end Craig Sanders enrolled early this year and the benefits were very evident when watching them during the A-Day game. These two freshmen have certainly improved their chances for playing time this year.

The other way a recruit can improve his chances is to self start the conditioning program before arriving. Many of the recruits in the 2010 freshman class have worked to get their bodies ready to play early in the SEC. The significance of this is huge; it will give them many of the benefits they would get from a red shirt year.

We know that Jessel Curry and Craig Sanders will make their mark on the field this year, now let’s take a look at other freshman that have a potential for immediate impact on the field.

Potential Defensive Freshman Impact Players

Ladarius Owens is SEC ready right now; he will walk on the field with confidence of a player that can compete. With the shortage of depth at linebacker and his 4.5 forty yard speed, there is little doubt he will get his chance.

Jeffrey Whitaker is another player that is physically SEC ready. This will allow him to work harder on defensive technique this fall. I think this dominating defensive tackle will be a freshman impact player for Auburn this year. He is up to 314 lbs. and has incredible strength.

Ryan Smith has arrived on campus ready to begin working toward making an immediate impact at the safety position. He will certainly get an opportunity to contribute to a very thin rotation at this position in 2010.

Kenneth Carter was assumed to have been signed as a defensive tackle. In a recent interview he commented that he was working at keeping his weight at around 270 lbs. While he is certainly ready physically for SEC play, this attracted my curiosity. It has the smell of a 3-4 or hybrid 3-4 defensive end. This will certainly be something for Auburn fans to contemplate over the next months.

Ten of the 2010 freshman class have now enrolled. This will allow them to get into physical shape; as well as study plays and watch film early. It should give them a leg up when fall practice begins. This adds 13 total potential impact players to the Auburn roster from the 2010 recruiting class
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:46:48 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 02:33:10 PM »
jmar,

Just make sure you're not copying and pasting anything that might be dubbed as "premium" material from Rivals, or Scout.

Only post a link, or post "freebie" info.

Thanks!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 03:08:30 PM »
jmar,

Just make sure you're not copying and pasting anything that might be dubbed as "premium" material from Rivals, or Scout.

Only post a link, or post "freebie" info.

Thanks!
Your right Chop, I pretty much scavenge through them on the cheap because of the info baiting and my tight budget.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 09:15:13 AM »
I love the loaded fashion in which the questioning of his AU commitment is given by the Birmingham reporter. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 09:17:57 PM »
From Auburn Eagles Brooks Webb: