Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

O'Brien or Letterman?

Ogre

O'Brien or Letterman?
« on: March 03, 2008, 02:34:02 PM »
I'm going to NYC in July and I got tickets to the Yankees - Red Sox game on July 4 in Yankee Stadium.  This is the last year the Yankees are playing there, so I thought it'd be cool to see a game there before they turn it into a parking lot.

I want to get tickets for either Conan O'Brien or David Letterman, too.  Which would you recommend?  Right now I'm leaning toward O'Brien, just because I love Conan and I've always wanted to see him live in-studio.  Then again, Letterman would be pretty cool, too.  Help a brother out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: O'Brien or Letterman?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 03:27:12 PM »
No suggestion about the late shows, but will be looking for an update.

Me and my fiance will hit NYC for our honeymoon.

Keep the details out there, or let me know how things went via email!

AC1
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 03:28:31 PM »
No suggestion about the late shows, but will be looking for an update.

Me and my fiance will hit NYC for our honeymoon.

Keep the details out there, or let me know how things went via email!

AC1

Will do.  Your email still deepanus420@yahoo.com?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 03:32:07 PM »
I'm going to NYC in July and I got tickets to the Yankees - Red Sox game on July 4 in Yankee Stadium.  This is the last year the Yankees are playing there, so I thought it'd be cool to see a game there before they turn it into a parking lot.

I want to get tickets for either Conan O'Brien or David Letterman, too.  Which would you recommend?  Right now I'm leaning toward O'Brien, just because I love Conan and I've always wanted to see him live in-studio.  Then again, Letterman would be pretty cool, too.  Help a brother out.

I would do Letterman because he's more likely to have a good guest and because he's more likely to retire soon.  I've always wanted to see Saturday Night Live.  Been to NY a bunch of times but never managed that one.

Yankee Stadium is cool.  Watching them play the Red Sox there is ultra cool.  I did that a couple of years ago when  Pedro was still a member of the Sox.  The hatred in the stands rivals -- and surpasses in vulgarity -- the animosity between AU and AL fans. 

I wrote an article about it one time.  I'll see if I can find it.  I even got pictures of Yankee fans being led out in handcuffs while Sox fans heckled them.  It was great.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Ogre

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 03:34:59 PM »

I would do Letterman because he's more likely to have a good guest and because he's more likely to retire soon.  I've always wanted to see Saturday Night Live.  Been to NY a bunch of times but never managed that one.

Yankee Stadium is cool.  Watching them play the Red Sox there is ultra cool.  I did that a couple of years ago when  Pedro was still a member of the Sox.  The hatred in the stands rivals -- and surpasses in vulgarity -- the animosity between AU and AL fans. 

I wrote an article about it one time.  I'll see if I can find it.  I even got pictures of Yankee fans being led out in handcuffs while Sox fans heckled them.  It was great.

I can't wait for the game.  I pull for the Sox in the AL, and I'll be sporting my finest Red Sox attire for the game.  I'm looking forward to getting into a fight in the stands.

I checked into getting SNL tickets, but they are next-to impossible to get from what I can tell. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 03:41:41 PM »
I can't wait for the game.  I pull for the Sox in the AL, and I'll be sporting my finest Red Sox attire for the game.  I'm looking forward to getting into a fight in the stands.

I checked into getting SNL tickets, but they are next-to impossible to get from what I can tell. 

I went the year Boston won the Series for the first time since 1918.  Hearing the Yankee fans chant "1918, 1918" over and over and the Sox fans come back with "Fuck the Yankees, Fuck the Yankees" was awesome.

Giambi came up to bat and you couldn't hear his name being announced for the Sox fans chanting "STEEEEEE-ROIDS."   

Pedro was on and Boston beat NY for a series sweep and the fans got rowdy about the sixth inning.  Pelting each other with hot dogs, cursing each other's mothers.  Then some guy showers a dude with beer which brought out the best New York profanity ever... "Hey... Fuck you, you fuckin' fuck!"  And the pushing and shoving started.  Then the cops showed up.  Hotdogs rained down on the cops.  It was brutal. I loved it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Ogre

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 03:43:12 PM »
I went the year Boston won the Series for the first time since 1918.  Hearing the Yankee fans chant "1918, 1918" over and over and the Sox fans come back with "Fuck the Yankees, Fuck the Yankees" was awesome.

Giambi came up to bat and you couldn't hear his name being announced for the Sox fans chanting "STEEEEEE-ROIDS."   

Pedro was on and Boston beat NY for a series sweep and the fans got rowdy about the sixth inning.  Pelting each other with hot dogs, cursing each other's mothers.  Then some guy showers a dude with beer which brought out the best New York profanity ever... "Hey... Fuck you, you fuckin' fuck!"  And the pushing and shoving started.  Then the cops showed up.  Hotdogs rained down on the cops.  It was brutal. I loved it.

This is right up my alley.  I just hope I don't get arrested.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 03:49:16 PM »
Will do.  Your email still deepanus420@yahoo.com?

No silly bitch, it's ogrethecockgobbler@deepandwide.com....

Its from that website you started about yourself....

you have mail....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 03:52:10 PM »
It's cool, I didn't know you changed it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 04:07:11 PM »
I would go to Letterman for the same reasons Kaos mentioned, plus I have always found him funnier than Conan anyway.
Also make sure you trow a few relish dogs at the Damn Yankee fans for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 04:31:38 PM »
Seriously?   Go see Conan.  You have historical ties to him.  He will make you laugh more than Letterman.

Get your tickets early.  They go on sale like 2 months before the show starts, and sell out quickly.  And even if he books some B list actor, you still have a great chance of seeing "in the year 2000", or "the masturbating bear", or at the very least, watching Max bang the drums with gusto.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 04:40:32 PM »
Seriously?   Go see Conan.  You have historical ties to him.  He will make you laugh more than Letterman.

Get your tickets early.  They go on sale like 2 months before the show starts, and sell out quickly.  And even if he books some B list actor, you still have a great chance of seeing "in the year 2000", or "the masturbating bear", or at the very least, watching Max bang the drums with gusto.

It's like you're inside my head.  I checked on tickets and they haven't put the July shows out for sale yet. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 05:20:34 PM »
To get into SNL - you can't get into the actual taping, but you CAN Get into the dress rehearsal.  It is first come first served for tickets - they are FREE (or at least they were the last time I was in NYC).  What you do is go up to the NBC ticket counter at 30 Rock WHEN THEY FIRST OPEN OR EVEN EARLIER on Saturday morning, and ask for dress rehearsal tickets - IF they are taping - I think they are on hiatus in the summer?  But if not, and they are taping a show, you can get a ticket, then show up at like 9am to wait in line based on the number on your ticket.  If your ticket is higher than 50, you probably wn't get in - much higher than that, don't even bother showing up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 10:23:45 AM »
Go see Conan, That is something I have always wanted to do. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Ogre

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 10:24:21 AM »
Go see Conan, That is something I have always wanted to do. 

I'm 99% sure that's what I am going to do.  Maybe I'll get some free Preperation H!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 10:26:29 AM »
I'm 99% sure that's what I am going to do.  Maybe I'll get some free Preperation H!
It is by far the only late night show that can make me laugh.  The Masturbating Bear, The String Dance, In the year 2000, Max Weinberg, The creepy announcer guy, Pimpbot, and the list goes on and on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 10:26:59 AM »
 Oh yeah, and the fucking Chuck norris Lever.  How could anyone forget that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 10:27:30 AM »
It is by far the only late night show that can make me laugh.  The Masturbating Bear, The String Dance, In the year 2000, Max Weinberg, The creepy announcer guy, Pimpbot, and the list goes on and on. 

"Be cool, my babies!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 10:32:41 AM »

My favorite clip starts at 2:08. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 10:33:30 AM by AWK »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 11:16:01 AM »
Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer.  Problem is, Chuck Norris doesn't cry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions