Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lollerskates!

Lollerskates!
« on: July 21, 2010, 09:42:13 AM »
Mike Bianchi...

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2010/07/forget-southern-cal-alabama-is-ncaas-most-consistent-cheater.html/comment-page-1#comment-34719

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — If you were the NCAA, at which football program would you have the most investigators?

As I prepared to cover the annual Southeastern Conference Football Media Days, which begins today here in Birmingham, that was the question asked of me by one of bosses.

Even with Southern Cal still dealing with the massive fallout from the Reggie Bush mess and Florida currently embroiled in a potential agent scandal involving  Maurkice Pouncey, Alabama still gets my vote as college football’s most consistently dirty program.

If I were king of the NCAA, I would not only saturate Alabama with investigators, I would set up a branch office in Tuscaloosa.
  In Alabama, cheating is as much a part of the football lore as the houndstooth hat worn by Bear Bryant and that purty dress worn by Mike DuBose’s secretary.

Alabama has seen it all over the last 20 years. Shady loans. Athletes illicitly accepting cash payments from agents and boosters. Multiple probations. Postseason bans. Scholarship reductions. Lack of institutional control. You name it, the Crimson Tide has done it.

Welcome to Alabama, where the NCAA probations are nearly as prevalent as national championships. Actually, in the last decade, Alabama has recorded more NCAA probations (three) than it has national titles (one).

It should also be noted that the iconic Bear Bryant may not have ever been caught cheating himself, but he tutored some of college football’s biggest outlaws.. Charley Pell, Pat Dye, Danny Ford and Jackie Sherrill all were Bear disciples who went on to provide some of the most unique interpretations of the NCAA rulebook in the history of college football.

Roll Tide?

Alabama’s rallying cry should be, “We Lied!”

And maybe, too, Alabama should get rid of its elephant mascot and replace it with a pig.

What better animal to symbolize the dirtiest, stinkiest program in recent NCAA history

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Lollerskates!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 09:50:58 AM »
     Well, I thought it was a great article until the last part.  Associating 'bama with pigs is an insult to the pigs.  I guess I'll have to find one of my "pigs smell good" buttons to send to this guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 09:53:55 AM »
That's gonna' leave a big ole nasty welp.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 10:02:00 AM »
The institution didn't even do anything wrong in the whole Marcell Dareus thing. However, I'm not surprised that the sports editor from the Orlando Sentinal is taking an opportunity to take a swipe at the school anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 10:03:46 AM »
Paul Finebaum is the most powerful man in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 10:03:58 AM »
The institution didn't even do anything wrong in the whole Marcell Dareus thing. However, I'm not surprised that the sports editor from the Orlando Sentinal is taking an opportunity to take a swipe at the school anyway.

Do you think it's possible that he thinks, or knows there's more to this, or more coming?  Maybe he's just got a hunch that when it comes to Alabama, it's not going to just be this easy?

Thoughts?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 10:22:21 AM »
Do you think it's possible that he thinks, or knows there's more to this, or more coming?  Maybe he's just got a hunch that when it comes to Alabama, it's not going to just be this easy?

Thoughts?

I like the way you think....but I would rather beat them on the field than in the papers/PR.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 10:28:27 AM »
If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Birmingham

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 10:34:57 AM »
I've always thought it was odd that I get so much shit as a Bama fan from Auburn fans about cheating.  Your fucking program is rotten.  You couldn't even play for a championship in an undefeated 1993 season because you cheated your brains out and were given a post season ban.  You weren't given a chance in an undefeated 2004 and I don't doubt it was because of being maybe the dirtiest program in college football.  Don't throw rocks if you live in glass houses you bunch of cheaters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 10:38:38 AM »
I've always thought it was odd that I get so much shit as a Bama fan from Auburn fans about cheating.  Your fucking program is rotten.  You couldn't even play for a championship in an undefeated 1993 season because you cheated your brains out and were given a post season ban.  You weren't given a chance in an undefeated 2004 and I don't doubt it was because of being maybe the dirtiest program in college football.  Don't throw rocks if you live in glass houses you bunch of cheaters.

See post directly above yours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 10:41:06 AM »

Thoughts?
My thoughts are he has taken any opportunity possible to slam Saban and/or Alabama since Saban left Miami. I'm guessing pounding his alma mater in the SECCG probably didn't help matters either. Much like Prowler, I don't think he knows anything about it, other than what ESPN has reported.

Sure, even though the school had nothing to do with this, it still reflects poorly on the school. It's kind of the same deal when a player gets arrested. It's just bad to have your school's name associated with bad press. Still, going apeshit on the school itself because of this is a little misdirected.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 10:46:50 AM »

^^^^ = vvvvvv

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 10:50:03 AM »

BTW you stupid fucktard...it's "dammit" not "damnit"

http://www.tigersx.com/forum/index.php?topic=10010.0
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 11:10:28 AM »
BTW you stupid fucktard...it's "dammit" not "damnit"

http://www.tigersx.com/forum/index.php?topic=10010.0

This question has always intrigued me.  If it's DAMN, then why change the spelling if you're simply adding an IT?  Technically, aren't you damning (or damming) a particular situation, issue or thing and if so, shouldn't the two be separated, as in DAMN IT?  (or damm it)

Example: If the NCAA decided not to punish Bama for its latest transgressions, you would appropriately use the term "Dammit" or "Damnit" or "Damn it" (Of course the usage in this instance would also be accompanied by "Dammit, Damnit or Damn it all to hell you cock sucking mother fuckers")

Which brings up another query.  Is mother fucker (motherfucker) a compound word?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 11:11:23 AM »
I ride my Lollerskates down the Lolcano!  Then I catch a ride on my roflcopter!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

JR4AU

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 11:18:20 AM »

This question has always intrigued me.  If it's DAMN, then why change the spelling if you're simply adding an IT?  Technically, aren't you damning (or damming) a particular situation, issue or thing and if so, shouldn't the two be separated, as in DAMN IT?  (or damm it)

Example: If the NCAA decided not to punish Bama for its latest transgressions, you would appropriately use the term "Dammit" or "Damnit" or "Damn it" (Of course the usage in this instance would also be accompanied by "Dammit, Damnit or Damn it all to hell you cock sucking mother fuckers")

Which brings up another query.  Is mother fucker (motherfucker) a compound word?

Words are some crazy ass shit! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 11:26:48 AM »
I see the word "Dammit" as more of a Southernism - kind of like y'all and ain't.  That is jes how we sez it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 11:29:05 AM »
While we're on the grammar swing, I hate it when people misuse the word ironic.  Coincidence is not irony peoples.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 11:32:21 AM »
While we're on the grammar swing, I hate it when people misuse the word ironic.  Coincidence is not irony peoples.

And while we are on a spelling kick I am tired of seeing Wien spelled Vienna and Praha spelled Prague.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 11:33:17 AM »
And while we are on a spelling kick I am tired of seeing Wien spelled Vienna and Praha spelled Prague.
Take a deep breath, baby.  You're back among your own kind now.  Relax! No Frenchies here...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions