Started by AUTiger1
7685 Replies    245596 Views
wesfau2
  • Officer
  • Alumni President
  • I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Watcha listening to?
"War Pigs" cover by Faith No More

Nice.  That whole first album was under-appreciated because "Epic" got beat into everyone's skull.  I am, however, a Patton apologist and I think the man does no wrong.
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush
  • Senior Officer
  • Board of Trustees
"Cadillac Pussy" - Kid Rock and Hank Jr.
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shootty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo
  • Officer
  • Alumni President
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Mr. Bojangles- Jerry Jeff Walker
La Feeeway- Jerry Jeff Walker
Liar-Rains
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • #METOO
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook
  • Brother X
  • Alumni President

flight 666 - iron maiden.

by the way...iron maiden next month in washington.  no sure if i can make it, but sure trying.

Tiger Wench
  • Little Sister
  • Alumni President
  • Does this armour make my ass look big?
Among other things, I was listening to Prince on my way in this morning.  Little Red Corvette to be exact.  That is a hot song.

Token
  • Short Bus Member
  • Alumni
Sinead O'Connor = Nothing compares to you.  Gay as it may be, I love that song.

wesfau2
  • Officer
  • Alumni President
Among other things, I was listening to Prince on my way in this morning.  Little Red Corvette to be exact.  That is a hot song.

I agree...except for the part where the girl carries used condoms in her pockets.

AUTiger1
  • Senior Brother
  • Alumni President
  • Eat a Peach
"The Band" and "Van Morrison" have been playing non stop in my CD player to and from work the past three work days.
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001
  • Board of Trustees
  • Hot. Very hot.
"The Band" and "Van Morrison" have been playing non stop in my CD player to and from work the past three work days.

Excellent choices AUT1.

Cripple Creek is one of my favorite drinking songs.

Pretty much anything Van the Man does is golden. I like a lot of his stuff with THEM.
WDE

Jumbo
  • Officer
  • Alumni President
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Tiger Wench
  • Little Sister
  • Alumni President
I agree...except for the part where the girl carries used condoms in her pockets.
I prefer to believe they are just empty wrappers...  :blink:

I think Van is the greatest songwriter of all time.  He is a richard, and those are the single shoottiest concerts I have ever been to, but his music is incredible.

Cripple Creek is one of my favorite drinking songs.

Pretty much anything Van the Man does is golden. I like a lot of his stuff with THEM.

"The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" is another good one, as is "Dixie Chicken".  EDIT - that's Little Feat.  Also a good band.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 12:44:58 AM by Tiger Wench »

bottomfeeder
  • Alumni
  • We're screwed.
Crossroads guitar festival

"At Papa John's, better pizza doesn't start with luck. It starts with our ingredients. At Papa John's that means slapping our hand tossed dough just right."

Saniflush
  • Senior Officer
  • Board of Trustees
"The Night Chicago Died" - Paper lace
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shootty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2
  • Officer
  • Alumni President
I prefer to believe they are just empty wrappers...  :blink:

"I guess I must be dumb, she had a pocket full of horses; Trojans and some of 'em used..."

GH2001
  • Board of Trustees
  • Hot. Very hot.
Crossroads guitar festival

Joe Walsh is great. Underrated IMHO.

Always liked listening to the James Gang rock this one out.
WDE

Tiger Wench
  • Little Sister
  • Alumni President
"I guess I must be dumb, she had a pocket full of horses; Trojans and some of 'em used..."
I know the lyrics... but please don't make me think about that too much... :blink:  I REALLY like this song.

The wrappers could be used... they are empty... see, empty... yeah, empty...

But this WAS the early 80s - pre-AIDS... she was very ahead of her time... being all safe and stuff... so let's  just applaud her for that and ignore her disturbing behavior, shall we??  okthxbi...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 11:41:30 PM by Tiger Wench »

Saniflush
  • Senior Officer
  • Board of Trustees
"Fool in the Rain" - Led Zeppelin

GH2001
  • Board of Trustees
  • Hot. Very hot.
"Fool in the Rain" - Led Zeppelin

Well there's a light in your eyes.....

Excellent choice my friend.
WDE

Saniflush
  • Senior Officer
  • Board of Trustees
Well there's a light in your eyes.....

Excellent choice my friend.

I just post what happens to be playing when I make it to this thread in the morning.