Kaos' way behind movie reviews
Started by G
2667 Replies    215234 Views
Godfather
  • President
  • Board of Trustees
  • Time for Double Secret Vigilante Mode
Re: Kaos' way behind movie reviews
They're entitled to their opinions, just as anyone is, but their stature in the American entertainment industry doesn't lend them any insight or make their opinions any more credible.

Heston is still a shootty actor, though.
You damn dirty ape!
Aim for 3 when you need 17
Aim for 20 when you need 2
The Gus way. -GH2001

Auburn Forum

CCTAU
  • Brother
  • Alumni President
  • War Eagle!
Hmmm. Ran across this wes quote from 2011. 

Belongs in the SGA but, hmmmm. 

So how does wes feel about Clooney, Meyers, and the rest of the whole bleating pack?
At that time, Heston was mostly retired from acting. 

And many would disagree with his assessment of Heaton's acting.
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos
  • Senior Brother
  • Board of Trustees
  • Jeez
They're entitled to their opinions, just as anyone is, but their stature in the American entertainment industry doesn't lend them any insight or make their opinions any more credible.

Heston is still a shootty actor, though.
Why haven’t you joined me in condemning their shootty opinions, shootty activism and shootty performances then? Did it only offend you because he promoted a conservative view?  

Are you not equally offended by the violent activism promoted by deniro, Madonna, griffin, baldwin, Carrey, etc?  Are you not offended by the arrogant disrespect for the man and the office displayed by Noah, Colbert, that ugly freckled bitch, Kimmel, etc.? 

Where is your outrage? 

You may have the final word in this thread on the topic.Will return to movie reviews after you reply.   Ok 
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Rally round the Family.  With a pocket full of shells.
http://www.facebook.com/NeverToYield

GH2001
  • Board of Trustees
  • Hot. Very hot.
Why haven’t you joined me in condemning their shootty opinions, shootty activism and shootty performances then? Did it only offend you because he promoted a conservative view? 

Are you not equally offended by the violent activism promoted by deniro, Madonna, griffin, baldwin, Carrey, etc?  Are you not offended by the arrogant disrespect for the man and the office displayed by Noah, Colbert, that ugly freckled bitch, Kimmel, etc.?

Where is your outrage?

You may have the final word in this thread on the topic.Will return to movie reviews after you reply.  Ok
Because those guys are considered information sources by the skinny jean wearing millenials. It's news for them. 
WDE

wesfau2
  • Officer
  • Alumni President
  • I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Why haven’t you joined me in condemning their shootty opinions, shootty activism and shootty performances then? blahblahblah

Are you not equally offended by blahblahblah

Where is your outrage?
blahestblah
Because an off-the-cuff verbal loogie in Chuck's general direction doesn't define my political worldview in total.
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos
  • Senior Brother
  • Board of Trustees
  • Jeez
Back to regularly scheduled programming. 

The Hollow Child

Creature in the woods takes possession of little kids.  The town is somewhat complicit. When it takes Olivia, her stepsister (the somewhat interesting Jessica McLeod) decides to fight back.  

Canadian horror movie. I've seen worse, but this -- like so many horror efforts -- always seemed to step back from the edge when it could have really turned up the horrible.  

Some bad acting (typical) some half-baked story threads (also typical), a dash of silly (just look at it! which is again, typical), some slow-played exposition (sadly, also typical) plagued this film.  

It borrowed from IT (monster comes back once a generation to snatch kids) and lifted bits and pieces from half a dozen other horror films. Nothing new in the toolbox. 

It also suffered from a weak lead, but that's part of the issue with any film that relies on a child. Hard to find a good child actor who can pull off the menace.  This kid wasn't awful, but she wasn't very good either.  Too fake. 

The biggest problem, though?  When the big bad emerged at the end I was reduced to laughter.  "I am Grooooot" came immediately to mind.  

Kaos
  • Senior Brother
  • Board of Trustees
  • Jeez
The First Purge

Went to see The First Purge.  Instead Black Panther broke out. 

I think I'll purge my dinner. 

The hero of this movie is a neighborhood drug dealer.  (If you watched The Wire, he's akin to Avon Barksdale or Marlo Stanfield). 

The bad guys in this movie are the white folks. 

A terrible entry in the Purge pantheon. 

So forget the movie.  I have questions in regard to the whole Purge concept. 

Primarily, why all the killing?  If all crime is forgiven, I'm going to be a stealing son of a gun.  I'd spend all year building tools to bust into bank vaults, jewelry safes and museum security. I'd make sure I had the best body armor so that it would be hard to take me down without a bazooka.  I'm getting a squad together and I'm stealing Bugattis, McLarens, Maseratis.  I'm stealing priceless art. Forget a bunch of worthless killing. 

And if you DO steal a bunch of stuff, do the rules of Purge say you get to keep it? 

If you can't keep it and all you can do is kill, then I have a list.  I guess I'd start with that. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 11:17:52 PM by Kaos »

Kaos
  • Senior Brother
  • Board of Trustees
  • Jeez
The Devil's Doorway

What's worse than a "found footage" film.  A found footage film from the 1960s. 

What's worse than another movie about a possessed pregnant girl?  A film about a possessed pregnant girl set in a 1960s Irish Catholic home for society's female dregs that's run by a bunch of nuns.

What's worse than another movie about a priest struggling with his belief in the face of mounting evidence of demonic possession?  A film about two priests struggling with their beliefs in the face of mounting evidence of demonic possession.  Half the movie consisted of them calling each other's names in their Irish brogue. "Jawn"  "Tawmas"

What's worse than another derivative movie that does little more than rehash a handful of cliched movie tropes?  A derivative movie that rehashes a handful of cliched movie tropes and then fails to provide any semblance of meaningful closure. 

Keep this doorway closed.  Board it up. Nail it shut. Concrete over it. 

To be fair, I'm giving Justice League another look on HBO while I finish my homemade brunch of belgian waffles, corned beef hash and fried eggs.  It's a vomit of horrible acting, incredibly bad CGI and hokey dialogue.  It is a bucket full of chum.  I'd rather watch a dozen bad horror films than watch my beloved DC universe tortured in this way.  The only redeeming feature AT ALL is Wonder Woman -- and that's just because she triggers me in a non-SJW way.  
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 12:11:38 PM by Kaos »