Tigers X Forum : Auburn Forum : Auburn Football : The Number 1 Forum to Talk Auburn Sports

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When does Football get here?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 48   Go Down

Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 65525 times)

XMember

• Senior Brother
  • Board of Trustees
  • STAND UP!
    • Rally Round the Family
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #60 on November 28, 2011, 03:54:46 PM »

...to show that he is worthy of leading the group.  I hope Herschel goes all Goolily(sp) now and beats the shoot out of Shane with that lead he was holding.

Yeah.  That's what I got out of that too.  Nobody else would step up. 

Of course they could have just unhooked that neck thing from the bitch Shane shot and put Sophia's scrawny ass back in the barn.  A lot easier to keep one walker than a dozen.  She could have been a pet.  Maybe they can be tamed.

The last five minutes last night showed some promise again. 

I just hope all the preaching and speeching can be eliminated when it comes back in February. 
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Rally round the Family.  With a pocket full of shells.
http://www.facebook.com/NeverToYield

XMember

• Pledge Master
  • Senior Officer
  • Board of Trustees
« Reply #61 on November 29, 2011, 07:05:19 AM »

Yeah gotta say that I am back to really digging it.  There has been a complete transformation in the characters.
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shootty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

XMember

• Brother X
  • Alumni President
  • #LGB
« Reply #62 on November 29, 2011, 07:31:15 AM »

Yeah gotta say that I am back to really digging it.  There has been a complete transformation in the characters. I just want to do Maggie.

I wish Rick would have put a bullet in Shane at the end.

XMember

• Pledge Master
  • Senior Officer
  • Board of Trustees
« Reply #63 on November 29, 2011, 08:13:03 AM »

I wish Rick would have put a bullet in Shane at the end.

I wish we could see Maggie take some bullets all over here face and chest.
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shootty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

XMember

• Senior Brother
  • Board of Trustees
  • STAND UP!
    • Rally Round the Family
« Reply #64 on December 05, 2011, 11:07:45 PM »

Hmmm. 

I enjoy missing The Walking Dead more than I enjoyed watching the short first part of the second season. 

I want to know what happens, but don't want to be subjected to the long speeches to get there.

XMember

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Officer
  • Alumni President
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #65 on December 07, 2011, 03:01:31 PM »

Hmmm. 

I enjoy missing The Walking Dead more than I enjoyed watching the short first part of the second season. 

I want to know what happens, but don't want to be subjected to the long speeches to get there.
Zombies and shoot, asians have sex with farm girls, Old McDonald goes crazy, etc...
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

XMember

• Pledge Master
  • Senior Officer
  • Board of Trustees
« Reply #66 on January 09, 2012, 10:11:45 AM »

XMember

• Senior Brother
  • Board of Trustees
  • STAND UP!
    • Rally Round the Family
« Reply #67 on January 09, 2012, 10:36:54 AM »

Stupid AMC

Well damn. 

That's a shootload better than missing Sophia. 

I hope they start over again with a new writing crew that's less in love with the sound of their own words.

XMember

• Senior
« Reply #68 on January 09, 2012, 01:23:10 PM (Edited January 09, 2012, 01:24:08 PM) »

Not to derail but if you're a fan of Walking Dead I'd also recommend: "We're Alive".  It's a podcast that began back in 2009 (I think) and is currently into it's 25th chapter.  Harkens back to the days of the old school radio drama in design- only it takes place in a modern day zombie apocalypse/survival story setting. 

While the fact it's broken down into 15-25 minute episodes (3 episodes a chapter) may seem a bit tedious, you can actually download/stream the entire story from iTunes and it's quite entertaining.   Well written in that there are no throwaway lines whether you realize it then or several episodes later.  Definitely worth a listen. 
»

XMember

• Senior Brother
  • Board of Trustees
  • STAND UP!
    • Rally Round the Family
« Reply #69 on January 10, 2012, 12:15:02 AM »

Not to derail but if you're a fan of Walking Dead I'd also recommend: "We're Alive".  It's a podcast that began back in 2009 (I think) and is currently into it's 25th chapter.  Harkens back to the days of the old school radio drama in design- only it takes place in a modern day zombie apocalypse/survival story setting. 

While the fact it's broken down into 15-25 minute episodes (3 episodes a chapter) may seem a bit tedious, you can actually download/stream the entire story from iTunes and it's quite entertaining.   Well written in that there are no throwaway lines whether you realize it then or several episodes later.  Definitely worth a listen.

Tha fudge is a listen?  are tere no pictuers?

XMember

• Brother
  • Alumni
  • Bitches ain't shoot but hos and tricks.
« Reply #70 on January 10, 2012, 09:07:13 AM »

Tha fudge is a listen?  are tere no pictuers?

You'll just have to imagine that the main character has nice feet.
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

XMember

• Senior Brother
  • Board of Trustees
  • STAND UP!
    • Rally Round the Family
« Reply #71 on January 10, 2012, 05:03:40 PM (Edited January 10, 2012, 05:07:57 PM) »

You'll just have to imagine that the main character has nice feet.

That's way overblown. 

Feet as a whole pretty much disgust me. 

A man should never expose his unless he's at the beach, actually on the sand or in the water (or in a shower or pool).  Men should never wear sandals of any sort and flip flops are for raging homos. 

Women should put theirs in the open if and only if they bother to care for them.  Nothing is more of a turnoff than dirty feet with cracked polish or god forbid hair toes or something. 

I do notice those that are particularly well cared for and shaped nicely, but I have no inclination to touch them or have them touch me in any way. 

As a followup, I also appreciate good taste in shoes.  I probably like shoes better than feet.  I always notice what kind of shoes a woman has on.  I also care about my own shoes.

I like to hoard shoes.  I have five or six pair of underarmour shoes still in the box in my closet and at least five pair that I alternate wearing.  Got a couple of Nikes I bought before Underarmour became my favorite.  They're still boxed too. If I find a dress shoe I like in black, I also buy it in brown.  I don't have a single pair of sandals or flip flops and I don't wear Crocs.   Got a couple of pair of sanuks.  Those are okay but only with certain types of outfits.
»

XMember

• Brother
  • Alumni
« Reply #72 on January 10, 2012, 05:09:40 PM »

That's way overblown. 

Feet as a whole pretty much disgust me. 

A man should never expose his unless he's at the beach, actually on the sand or in the water (or in a shower or pool).  Men should never wear sandals of any sort and flip flops are for raging homos. 

Women should put theirs in the open if and only if they bother to care for them.  Nothing is more of a turnoff than dirty feet with cracked polish or god forbid hair toes or something. 

I do notice those that are particularly well cared for and shaped nicely, but I have no inclination to touch them or have them touch me in any way. 

As a followup, I also appreciate good taste in shoes.  I probably like shoes better than feet.  I always notice what kind of shoes a woman has on.  I also care about my own shoes.

I like to hoard shoes.  I have five or six pair of underarmour shoes still in the box in my closet and at least five pair that I alternate wearing.  Got a couple of Nikes I bought before Underarmour became my favorite.  They're still boxed too. If I find a dress shoe I like in black, I also buy it in brown.  I don't have a single pair of sandals or flip flops and I don't wear Crocs.   Got a couple of pair of sanuks.  Those are okay but only with certain types of outfits.

You've got an erection from typing that, don't you?
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

XMember

• Officer
  • Alumni President
  • I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #73 on January 15, 2012, 07:36:39 PM »

After avoiding it for years, and watching a documentary about Duffy and swearing to myself that I would never watch it, I got bored and watched The Boondock Saints.

Imagine my disappointment at Darryl being a McManus.

And Defoe completely selling the fudge out to be in this shootpile.  A cross-dressing super-sleuth?? Willem, you're better than that.
Make my funk a P-funk
I want my funk uncut
Make my funk a P-funk
I wants to get funked up.

XMember

• Brother
  • Alumni
« Reply #74 on January 15, 2012, 07:39:38 PM »

After avoiding it for years, and watching a documentary about Duffy and swearing to myself that I would never watch it, I got bored and watched The Boondock Saints.

Imagine my disappointment at Darryl being a McManus.

And Defoe completely selling the fudge out to be in this shootpile.  A cross-dressing super-sleuth?? Willem, you're better than that.

XMember

• Officer
  • Alumni President
  • I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #75 on January 15, 2012, 07:41:43 PM »

Honestly, it was the documentary about Duffy that spoiled it for me.

The movie?  Eh, not bad...not great.  Certainly not worthy of the cult following.

But Duffy?  God, what an insufferable fudge.  To paraphrase myself from another thread: Call him Entitled White Boy.
Make my funk a P-funk
I want my funk uncut
Make my funk a P-funk
I wants to get funked up.

XMember

• Pledge Master
  • Senior Officer
  • Board of Trustees
« Reply #76 on January 30, 2012, 02:45:04 PM »

First 3 minutes of the next one....

XMember

• Board of Trustees
  • Hot. Very hot.
« Reply #77 on January 30, 2012, 02:53:26 PM »

Honestly, it was the documentary about Duffy that spoiled it for me.

The movie?  Eh, not bad...not great.  Certainly not worthy of the cult following.

But Duffy?  God, what an insufferable fudge.  To paraphrase myself from another thread: Call him Entitled White Boy.

Although not GREAT, I do think it's pretty decent. In comparison to a similar movie, I found it more original than Pulp Fiction which has a shoot ton more cult following than Boondock. Some people swear by Pulp Fiction and consider it a top 10 all time movie.
WDE

XMember

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Officer
  • Alumni President
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #78 on February 09, 2012, 11:55:02 AM »

Tune in this Sunday, whores.
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

XMember

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • Officer
  • Alumni President
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #79 on February 12, 2012, 12:33:27 PM »

Tune in this Sunday, whores.
I'm taping the entire season so far, I should catch up by next weekend.
You'll never shine if you don't glow.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 48   Go Up