WAR EAGLE
Hello Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
War Damn Eagle / Does anyone remember
« Last post by Kaos on October 21, 2018, 11:40:26 PM »
In the 70s Auburn did the award sticker thing for a few years.  

I'd like to see that logo again.  Anybody remember what it looked like or have a photo of it?  
The SGA / The right thing to do, but libs are going to scream
« Last post by Kaos on October 21, 2018, 11:08:55 PM »
The New York Times -- cowering in fear that their imagined "blue wave" isn't going to materialize -- are rushing to report that Trump is going to take freedoms away from the transgenders.  *sigh*  They're releasing some document they say the uncovered.  The document says they're going to establish the genetic definition and that's what it is. Period.  

While I think the timing of the thing is definitely intended to hurt Trump and the Republicans in the midterms, it's the right thing to do.  

Well, first, the whole trans whateverdedoodah thing is limited to about half a percent of the population.  Half a percent.  Which I personally think is even a higher number than reality.  

Second, now you've got guys who still have all their muscles and their hanging bits participating in sporting events as women because "they feel like women."  That's outrageous.  Nobody should stand for that or accept it as valid.  

Third, there's Title IX which prohibits discrimination based on gender.  If gender is fluid?  It's pointless.  

Fourth these fools who say shoot like "I don't know if we're having a boy or a girl.  Zhe hasn't been born and decided that yet...?"  They need to be immediately tazed and restrained and then the child taken away from them.  After that?  Ship them to Guam or India or something.  Get them the hell out of here.  

War Damn Eagle / Re: Beating Ole Miss is like regrettable sex
« Last post by jmar on October 21, 2018, 10:54:58 PM »
One thing I would say in Slayton and Schwartz' defense is when you go back and look at it, the defenders had a lot to do with the incompletes. Could have been, should have been, but decent plays by the DB's.

Carlson should kick off and nothing else.  He's horrible.  No getting around it.  Just not ready for the kicking duties.  Need to bench him now.

As for LSU, that Bama game keeps getting a bit more interesting every week.  I just don't see LSU being able to score enough to be a serious threat to win that game.  But the Faux Tigers seem to have enough talent across the board, and seem to have that knack for keeping it close, that it could be somewhat entertaining.
Have to keep Tua off the field to beat the Turds. Don't think LSU or anyone for that matter can do that for much more than a quarter. Not going to beat them in a phone booth kicking field goals. 
« Last post by Snaggletiger on October 21, 2018, 10:20:24 PM »
I will say I thought play calling was better. And Stidham was at least avg. not bad. Def better.

Two huge drops by Slayton and Schwartz prevented the game from being an ass raping. Same with Carlson and his misses.

Bama will go in dry on us. It will be ugly. Good news is they will do it to everyone else too. If the LSU from the ga game shows up against them they may have a chance.
One thing I would say in Slayton and Schwartz' defense is when you go back and look at it, the defenders had a lot to do with the incompletes. Could have been, should have been, but decent plays by the DB's.

Carlson should kick off and nothing else.  He's horrible.  No getting around it.  Just not ready for the kicking duties.  Need to bench him now.

As for LSU, that Bama game keeps getting a bit more interesting every week.  I just don't see LSU being able to score enough to be a serious threat to win that game.  But the Faux Tigers seem to have enough talent across the board, and seem to have that knack for keeping it close, that it could be somewhat entertaining. 
War Damn Eagle / The Camthers
« Last post by Kaos on October 21, 2018, 09:55:03 PM »
Crazy game today.  

Carolina looked like Auburn for three and a third quarters.  Were down 17-0 with about 9:00 left in the fourth.  Cam brought them back to win 21-17.  

After Carolina went up by four with about a minute left the refs then did their best to hand the game over to the Eagles.  A 48-yard pass interference penalty followed by an interception that was inexplicably and unbelievably overturned had the Panthers clinging for life with Philly at the Carolina 14.  The defense prevailed despite the bizarre calls. 
« Last post by GH2001 on October 21, 2018, 08:40:37 PM »
I thought the O looked much better today.  And don't give me the Ole Miss shootty defense excuse.  We've played several shootty defenses so far and couldn't get out of our own way.  Stidham was 1,000% better than he's been and the play calling was the best so far this year.

The D was the ole "Bend but not break" dealio with Ole Miss moving it well between the 20's.  By mid 3rd quarter, we had them figured out and it was no contest from there.

On a side note, if anyone hung around to watch the on field interview with Malzahn right after the game, his entire reaction said, "I'm gone". Never seen him like that.

I will say I thought play calling was better. And Stidham was at least avg. not bad. Def better.

Two huge drops by Slayton and Schwartz prevented the game from being an ass raping. Same with Carlson and his misses.

Bama will go in dry on us. It will be ugly. Good news is they will do it to everyone else too. If the LSU from the ga game shows up against them they may have a chance. 

The SGA / Re: Student Loans
« Last post by GH2001 on October 21, 2018, 08:27:02 PM »
This is a problem, yes.  But I really wish they'd attack the source. 

It's going to cost my daughter nearly $60,000 minimum to get a basic degree from an average college.  That degree guarantees her nothing.  And she's being taught by the most liberal, air-headed foofs imaginable.  All their theories are so full of shoot because so few of them have ever worked outside the academic field and know nothing about "killing what they eat."  Any "liberal arts" degree is going to be essentially worthless. She is likely to leave college in four years with no truly marketable skills whatsoever.  But you have to do it.  Because you can't get in the door without it.  Once through the door you have to start the learning process all over because NOTHING in the real world remotely resembles anything you experience in college.

I've looked.  I could take the 60k we're going to spend on college, invest it and let her get a job in the field she is interested in.  Four years from now, she'll have a lot of money and most likely be at the same level or higher than her peers who are leaving college broke and jobless.

Student loans are part of the problem, but they're not the real problem.  The real issue is the ridiculously high cost of getting a worthless education.  The whole system needs to be scrapped. 

Insurance. Medical care. Tuition. All the same root cause. Cost. 
War Damn Eagle / Re: Why it's not going to work
« Last post by The Prowler on October 21, 2018, 05:43:54 PM »
Malzahn got flagged for saying, "that's a buncha horse crap".

Desperate times call for desperate measures.
« Last post by jmar on October 21, 2018, 03:33:03 PM »
I watched. Boobie will be broke in two more games. But for now, he is a fighter.
Stidham got the ball closer to the WRs on the long ball. He still looks like a RS sophomore. However he did hit a wide open Seth for a nice long gain.
I still have no idea why we don’t put Flash our wide and send him deep at least 4 times a game! Who will cover him?
MW came in for two plays and we gained 7 yards, set up the option for the next play, but put JS back in. More convoluted play calling. OM is just so bad that we got away with it!
Our D will allow us to hang with aTm. If our O can be half ass, we have a chance.
Bammer and UGA will have their way with us!
Never seen a more timid looking offense with this many weapons to create mismatches all over the field.

Should carve up defenses and score 30+ every game without maiming our best runner. 

The idiot SHOULD be talking to himself.
How did I fudge this up?
War Damn Eagle / Re: Why it's not going to work
« Last post by The Six on October 21, 2018, 10:22:28 AM »
He won a game so the sunshine lickers will now be out in full force and there are many of them in the PTB at Auburn. Gus is safe for the rest of this year. When we go 3-9 next year, he'll get canned.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10