Tigers X Forum : Auburn Forum : Auburn Football : The Number 1 Forum to Talk Auburn Sports

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When does Football get here?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Atomic Buffalo Turds  (Read 1405 times)

XMember

• Senior Brother
  • 6th Year
Atomic Buffalo Turds
« Opened on July 07, 2010, 11:23:13 AM (Edited July 07, 2010, 11:24:20 AM) »

»
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

XMember

• Board of Trustees
  • Hot. Very hot.
Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds
« Reply #1 on July 07, 2010, 11:42:35 AM »

You're a good man for posting this Aubie.

BTW - kind of related - But that new fudgeing Spicy Chicken Sandwich at Chick Fil A is HAWWT. I didn't know the chicken was soaked in La hot sauce before I went and added 2 packs of Tabasco to it, Good God. I think I got 3 refills in about 7 minutes.
WDE

XMember

• Brother X
  • Alumni
  • I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #2 on July 07, 2010, 01:13:18 PM »

Holy Mother of God those look good.  I'm assuming if I don't have a smoker I can still prepare and grill these at around 250 degrees and get the same results.

XMember

• Brother X
  • Alumni
« Reply #3 on July 07, 2010, 01:43:02 PM »

Holy Mother of God those look good.  I'm assuming if I don't have a smoker I can still prepare and grill these at around 250 degrees and get the same results.

yes...option without having direct flame underneath would be to turn one side of the burner off while maintaining the other burner @ 225 - 250.  place some hickory chips in a pan as well.

i smoked abt's on the 4th along with 2 boston butt's.  i smoked @ 180 for 2 hours then cranked up to 275 to crisp the bacon.  i do not use the little smokies and my spices are different. 

XMember

• Alumni President
  • You can turn it sideways if it helps.
« Reply #4 on July 07, 2010, 05:10:32 PM »

That's a slight variation on the version I've seen of something called the same thing.  Basically, you can't go wrong with a grill, various cuts of pig, something spicy, and something cheesy.

XMember

• Brother X
  • Alumni President
  • The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #5 on July 08, 2010, 11:15:21 AM »

yes...option without having direct flame underneath would be to turn one side of the burner off while maintaining the other burner @ 225 - 250.  place some hickory chips in a pan as well.

i smoked abt's on the 4th along with 2 boston butt's.  i smoked @ 180 for 2 hours then cranked up to 275 to crisp the bacon.  i do not use the little smokies and my spices are different. 

Hook us up with your recipe

XMember

• Brother X
  • Alumni President
  • The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on July 09, 2010, 03:40:32 PM »

If you put hickory chips in a pan in the gas grill, do you have water to the pan too? Of just the hickory chips?

I am in the middle of moving and my smoker is in storage, but I wanted to do some of these tonight. I have never smoked on a gas grill before but i am willing to try it out.

Thanks for the help.

XMember

• Board of Trustees
  • Hot. Very hot.
« Reply #7 on July 09, 2010, 04:55:15 PM »

If you put hickory chips in a pan in the gas grill, do you have water to the pan too? Of just the hickory chips?

I am in the middle of moving and my smoker is in storage, but I wanted to do some of these tonight. I have never smoked on a gas grill before but i am willing to try it out.

Thanks for the help.

Just soak the chips in water for a few minutes beforehand.
WDE

XMember

• Alumni
  • We're screwed.
« Reply #8 on July 09, 2010, 05:48:13 PM »

I would soak the toothpicks too, before inserting.

I believe most packages of wood chips recommend 1/2 hour water soaking time.

I love stuffed Pablanos too.

XMember

• Board of Trustees
  • Hot. Very hot.
« Reply #9 on July 12, 2010, 12:24:59 PM »

I would soak the toothpicks too, before inserting.

I believe most packages of wood chips recommend 1/2 hour water soaking time.

I love stuffed Pablanos too.

At least we agree on some things....if you make it to some games, holler at me and simp. We like to have the pig cooking and the beer flowing on a regular basis.
WDE
Pages: [1]   Go Up